Hello friends. Per a request, here is a running list of those who have gone missing in East Texas. As a journalist in this area, these are the individuals I have noticed as part of the missing groups I frequent. Please feel free to direct me to more. As it is my line of work, I care deeply. Some of these individuals I know about, some I do not know much about. There are many more, but this first post is just the time range of 2000-2020. I will do other time periods if there is interest, although older cases are harder to track.
They are organized alphabetically. Albright, Alwin
- last seen 7/6/19 walking away from his home on Scott Street in Gilmer in Upshur County. He is 74 years old with grey hair and blue eyes. He’s 5’10” and 250 pounds. He was last seen wearing a red shirt and blue jeans. Mr. Albright has medical issues and is without the medications he needs. There is a $1000 reward for information regarding his whereabouts. Anyone with information should contact the Upshur County Sheriff. Alvarado, Eric “Slow”
- Last seen 11/20/18. Disappeared from Atlanta, Texas, he is 6’5” and 180 pounds. He was 32 years old, and now would be 34. He was last seen wearing camouflage pajama pants, a white t-shirt, and a gray zip-up jacket. He also may have the glasses he was wearing. He has tattoos on his arms, chest and neck. There is a $10,000 reward for information on his whereabouts. Anyone with information should contact the Atlanta, TX police. Birdwell, Jerrod
- Last seen 1/6/14. Missing from Tyler, Jerrod was 17 at the time he disappeared. His height is listed as 5’5” and weight as 170 pounds, but he may have grown. He is white, with short black hair and brown eyes. There are no more details available about him. Anyone with information should contact the Smith County Sheriff. Boehm, Frederick “Lil Joe” Joseph
- Last seen 1/25/01. 6’0”, 130 pounds, white male with hazel eyes and brown hair missing from Marshall. He has a rebel flag tattoo on his upper arm. His sister Jolene is searching for answers and offering a $5000 reward. Anyone with information should contact the Harrison County Sheriff. Cannon, Heather Danielle
- Last seen 8/27/09. The 15-year-old disappeared from Athens, Texas. Authorities believe she left of her own accord, and she was last seen in the company of her biological father, Jerral Allen Whitley. Whitley refused to take a polygraph test after Heather's disappearance and was later incarcerated in Florida for drug offenses and grand theft. He was imprisoned for 18 months before being released in October 2014. Police have since completed excavations of a property on County Road 4837, near Larue. Anyone with information should contact the Henderson County Sheriff. Childress, Antoinette Renee
- Last seen 10/13/15. Missing from Henderson at her trailer home. About a month before Childress went missing, her sister, Patricia Nichols, began receiving strange Facebook messages from her. The first message said there was an emergency and Childress needed her phone number. Three weeks later Nichols got another message that just said "Sister where are I, what's going on." On October 6, Nichols got a voice message from Childress's Facebook account. The message said something about guardian angels, but the voice wasn't Childress's. Nichols left home after that and didn't return until November 6, by which time Childress was missing.
Two women contacted Nichols after Childress's disappearance and said they knew what had happened to her. The women stated Childress had been involved in using and selling drugs, and gotten some bad people angry, and was tortured and killed as a result. This information has not been verified.
Childress was seeing Felipe Villanueva at the time of his disappearance. He is considered a person of interest in her case and has multiple warrants for his arrest on drug-related charges and driving without a license. His current whereabouts are unknown and it's unclear whether he's still in the area.
A few days after Childress was reported missing, police found her car being driven by a man in Henderson. He was arrested on an unrelated charge, and stated Childress had sold him the vehicle, something her family finds difficult to believe.
Childress has a warrant out for her arrest, but she's considered a missing person rather than a fugitive. Childress had just gotten off probation at the time and was trying to clean up her life. Her case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected. Anyone with information should call the Henderson County Sheriff Combs, Donnie “Bon Jovi” and Cynthia Arnold (went missing together)
- The pair was last seen 9/26/18 in Linden, near Atlanta, Texas in Cass County. Combs called Arnold and asked her to come pick him up in Cass Countyand she left home to do so. A little while later she contacted her mother and said Combs hadn't arrived and she was still waiting at the meeting spot. Neither of them has ever been heard from again. A few days after they were last seen, Arnold's truck was found abandoned and burned in Marion County, Texas. While Kevin Dewayne Shepard Jr. and his uncle, Gary Edward Shepard were charged in Oct. 2020 with capital murder of the pair, their bodies have never been found. They face the death penalty if convicted. Anyone with information should contact the Cass County Sheriff. Culberson, Larry-
Last seen 9/4/13. Larry went missing from his home on County Road 4320 in Emory. Larry had been having some medical issues shortly before his disappearance. Larry was last known to be wearing camouflage-style gray pants, a white T-shirt and he might be wearing high-top tennis shoes. He was 56 at the time of his disappearance. An extensive search was conducted in the area without any result. His medical condition causes him to walk with a limp. Anyone with information should contact the Rains County Sheriff. Dunn, Hartford Hunter
- Last seen 8/5/04. Vanished from his home in the 200 block of Private Road 4002 in Marshall in the early morning hours, his daughter said she woke up at 7:30 a.m. and found the door open and her father gone. At 76 years old, he was in the beginning years of dementia. He has not been seen since. Anyone with information should contact the Marshall Police. Flint, Kimberly Carter
- Last seen 9/29/18. Kim’s car was found partially crashed and abandoned in the roadway of State Highway 154 near the rural community of Rekaw, in Rusk County. Her purse ID, as well as other possessions, were at her home, according to Kim’s son James. Picture evidence of the wreck shows damage to the front and side panel of the grey four-door sedan. "The vehicle it was found still in the roadway partially crashed," her son said. "She just wasn't there." Two searches, both immediately after the crash and 170 days later, turned up nothing. A witness believes he saw her speaking with someone in a white pickup truck, but as any local knows… there are a lot of white pickup trucks in East Texas. Kim was featured on “The Vanished Podcast.” Anyone with information should contact the Rusk County Sheriff. Farrell, Justin Kyle-
Last seen 05/11/04. Farrell disappeared from Nacogdoches, Texas. In March 2015, his skeletal remains were found near Cushing in Nacogdoches County, Texas. They were identified in April 2015. Farrell's death remains under investigation and has not yet been ruled a homicide. Anyone with information should contact the Nacogdoches County Sheriff. Fleisher, Steven Miller
- Last seen 9/14/16. Missing from Troup, he was last seen around 6:15 a.m. in the 1200 block of Noble Street. Police say Fleisher did not take any of his belongings with him and his family has been unable to contact him. He was 53 years old at the time of his disappearance. Anyone with information should contact the Smith County Sheriff. Flores, Lydia
- Last seen 10/11/20. Reported missing on Oct. 19 by her Shreveport, LA boyfriend, who said he had not heard from her since Oct. 11. She is a 40-year-old Hispanic female, and has two tattoos: a barbed wire on her bicep and a playboy bunny on her lower back. She is 5’1” and 115 pounds. She has brown eyes and auburn hair. She is from Longview, but anyone with information should contact the Shreveport Police Department. Franklin, Johnny William
- Last seen 10/21/08. The black male, 5'9" tall and 150 pounds was last seen in Tyler. His vehicle was located in a church parking lot at 3009 N. Grand Ave. on October 21, but police said they saw no signs of foul play. He was 53 at the time of his disappearance. Anyone with information should contact the Smith County Sheriff. Gallegos, Veronica-
Last seen 01/11/05. Missing from Gun Barrel City at the age of 19, Her live-in boyfriend said she packed a suitcase and left; he speculated she'd returned to her native Mexico. She has never been heard from again. Gallegos left behind her purse, her Mexican identification and her six-month-old child. Her boyfriend is considered a person of interest in her case and has stopped cooperating with investigators. Foul play is possible in her disappearance, but few details are available in her case. Anyone with information should contact the Henderson County Sheriff. Gipson, Tyress
- last seen 8/22/20. Missing from Jacksonville, Texas in Cherokee County, Tyress had just turned 18 and graduated. He is 6’0” and weighs 180 pounds. He has tattoos of the name “Lavance,” “BG$” and prayer hands. He is an African American man, wears his hair in dreads, and has braces. Anyone with information should contact the Jacksonville Police Department. Gutierrez, Marquita Leanna
- Last seen 11/11/19. Some report her as missing out of Canton, while others report her as missing out of Wood County. Marquita Gutierrez was reported missing after borrowing her mom's pickup that morning to go to a doctor's appointment, but the doctor's office said she never showed up. Her husband told police she was last seen in the Dallas area and was possibly heading toward Laredo. Her husband has been named a person of interest in her case. Anyone with information should contact the Wood County Sheriff Hunt, Shirley Mae
- last seen 6/17/07. Missing from Henderson, Shirley was last seen walking on County Road 454 near her home in rural Rusk County. She had alzheimers at the time of her disappearance. She is 5’4”, 140 pounds with hazel eyes, white hair and a partial denture plate. She wears eyeglasses with a gold wire frame, and was 72 at the time of her disappearance. Sheriff’s deputies believe she got in someone’s car, due to scent dog tracking. Anyone with information should contact the Rusk County Sheriff. Jackson, Cole Duane
- last seen 07/13/06. Missing from Timpson, Jackson was last seen near FM 1645 and CR 4230. The truck he was driving came out of a private pasture and rammed into a fence. He stopped and spoke to the elderly man who owned the land. Jackson apologized and said he would pay $120 for the damage, but said he had to run to get away from the "bad people" who were chasing him. He abandoned his Dodge half-ton pickup with minor damage and left his two inhalers, which he needed, in the vehicle. The driver’s side door was open and the truck was still in four-wheel drive. Jackson's wife was three months pregnant with their first child at the time he went missing. Anyone with information should contact the Shelby County Sheriff. Lee, Anthony Tyrone
- last seen 6/25/11. Anthony was planning to go to the rodeo with his mother on the evening of June 25. When his mother came to pick him up for the rodeo, she found his home deserted. The ironing board was set up with the clothes Lee had planned to wear to the rodeo. His pants were on the ironing board with one leg dangling, as if he'd been interrupted while ironing and left in a hurry. His mother said he would not leave the house in his “house shoes” (a very East Texas thing lol) and he had $600 untouched in his bank account. About three weeks after Lee was reported missing, his mother got strange phone calls. A "death song" played on the line, then someone said, "that's what he gets for snitching." His mother noted that he had been associated with a known drug dealer and this person had wrecked Lee's car about a week before Lee disappeared. Anyone with information should contact the Texas Department of Public Safety (State Troopers). Marshall, Kimberly Ann
- last seen 3/17/17 after she spent one night in the Salvation Army womens’ shelter in Tyler, Texas. She was never seen again. Thirty-one years old at the time, Kimberly had cuts and scars on her arms, wrists and back. She also has upper dentures. She is 5’5” and approximately 105 pounds, although she fluctuates in weight. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Few details are available about her. Anyone with information should contact the Tyler Police Department. Martin, David Michael
- last seen 1/14/10. He was a truck driver based in Sand Springs, Oklahoma, and came home to Louisiana most weekends to visit his family. On January 14, Martin called to say he wouldn't make it home that weekend because his truck had broken down. He never contacted his loved ones again. The last person known to have seen him was the mechanic in Longview, Texas whom Martin took his truck to for repairs. They had dinner together, then Martin said he was going to wait on a friend to get truck parts. The mechanic left to do more work on the truck. Martin has never been heard from again. Anyone with information should contact the Sand Springs Police. Martinez, Gregoria Jacobo
- last seen 8/13/09. Martinez was last seen in Nacogdoches. She was born in Mexico and was living in the United States without documents at the time of her disappearance. Her two young children, both of whom are U.S. citizens, and they were visiting their grandmother in Mexico when Martinez disappeared. She had asked the father of one of her children for money to help bring her children home from Mexico. He agreed to meet her and lend her money shortly before she disappeared.Martinez planned to go to the Nacogdoches County courthouse on July 13 to pick up copies of her children's birth certificates, but she never arrived there. She has never been heard from again. She was reported missing on July 16. That same day, her vehicle was found abandoned on the side of County Road 525, near the intersection of U. S. Highway 59 south. There were no obvious indications of a struggle at the scene. Martinez may have gotten a ride south with a truck driver in order to find her children; however, her family never saw her. Both the fathers of her children have been questioned and neither of them have been named as suspects. Authorities believe Martinez was taken against her will. Anyone with information should contact the Texas Department of Public Safety (State Troopers). Marquez, Erin Raquel
- last seen 8/30/14. The 17-year-old disappeared as she was leaving the Longview Baptist Church in Hallsville, near Longview. She has long dark hair that was dyed red, and 5’6”, 130 pounds, and has brown eyes. Anyone with information should contact the Harrison County Sheriff. McKay, Melissa Darling
- last seen 6/10/11. At 1:35 a.m., Melissa walked out of the Choctaw Casino in Grant, Oklahoma with a white male companion, Jeremy Upchurch, of Lamar TX and was never seen again. Upchurch continues to be a person of interest due to his criminal background. Properties in Oklahoma, Delta and Lamar counties were searched, but came up empty. I can’t find an independent source to corroborate, but a personal conversation I had with law enforcement indicates they have found her vehicle in Oklahoma and presume she is dead, possibly due to drug involvement. Anyone with information should contact the Hopkins County Sheriff or Sulphur Springs Police. Meadows, Beverly Lofton
- Last seen 12/26/08. Beverly walked away from the Community Cares Nursing Home in the 200 block of west Merritt Street in Marshall, Texas and has never been seen again. Meadows had lived in the nursing home for about six years prior to her disappearance. She was supposed to wear an identification bracelet that would have activated the nursing home's door alarms, but she took it off before she left. She left without taking any personal belongings. Her mother, who lives 15 miles from the nursing home, believes Meadows was trying to walk to her residence. She was 48 years old at the time of her disappearance, 5’3”, and 240 pounds with short brown hair. She requires daily medication, and she doesn't have her medicine with her. Anyone with information should contact the Marshall Police. Morton, Sheila
- last seen 6/2/14. Missing from Center, Texas, Sheila’s behavior and personality changed drastically in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, according to her mother Joan. She had recently quit a restaurant job she had for seven years, moved out of her residence, and began hanging out with an old group of friends. Additionally, the last purchase Sheila was known to make was for a 9mm handgun, which was left behind when she disappeared. She was last seen at her ex-boyfriend’s house. Her phone was turned off the same day she vanished, and she has never been seen or heard from again. Sheila’s family members do not believe she would voluntarily leave her son behind. Anyone with information should contact the Angelina County Sheriff. Pierce, Ashley
- last seen 3/10/20. Disappeared from the Longview area, she is 5’3” and has a Hello Kitty tattoo on her thigh and a scorpion on her shoulder. She has long brown hair. Anyone with information should contact the Gregg County Sheriff. Salazar, Rosemary “Rose” Rodriguez
- Last seen 10/6/19. Attended a family birthday party at the Golden Corral in Kilgore, and was supposed to report to work the next morning at the Kilgore Walmart, but no-show, no-called. She has several distinctive tattoos, including a heart with a fishing hook, a deathly hallow, and the inscription “my person” next to a rose. She is a 5’4”, 185 pound Hispanic woman with brown eyes and brown hair, and it is not known what she was wearing when she disappeared. Her lime green 2014 Chevrolet Sonic is also missing. Anyone with information should contact the Gregg County Sheriff. Stewart, Harry Edward
- Last seen 11/30/11. Harry was traveling from Springtown, Texas to Alabama and was last seen in Hallsville, Texas. His age was 65 and he is white, 5’10”, and weighs about 170 pounds. Sheriff’s deputies determined he was driving when he hit something and had to leave his vehicle after his radiator overheated. Harry told the responding officer he would wait at the Dairy Queen on Farm-to-Market Road 450 near mile marker 604 for a ride. He was never seen again. Thompson, Lauren Colvin
- Last seen 1/10/19. At 1:53 p.m., Lauren made a frantic but coherent call to her mother. At 2:01 p.m., Lauren called 911 and told Panola County dispatch she was being followed. The call lasted for 21 minutes before disconnecting. Lauren’s family says it “abruptly ended,” police say the “cell phone died.” Lauren’s phone and shoe were found in the Rock Hill community, a rural area with less than 200 residents and more than 2000 acres of woods. A search by multiple law enforcement agencies turned up nothing. A $10,000 reward is offered for information on Lauren’s whereabouts. Anyone with information should contact the Panola County Sheriff. Tidwell, James “Jimmy” Lamar
- Last seen 2/15/12. Family members found his rural cabin in Rusk County abandoned, and later found his vehicle abandoned on Farm Road 95, approximately five miles from his home, without a battery. "I do not believe for one minute that he left this property of his own free will," his sister Lynn Akin said. The road was a route he took frequently. He was 58 at the time of his disappearance. The truck showed no signs of foul play, according to Sheriff’s deputies. Anyone with information should contact the Rusk County Sheriff. Valdovinos, Gustavo Baldovi
- Last seen 7/11/12. Missing from his maternal aunt's home on Houston Street in Tyler. He told his family he was an alcoholic and had decided to go into treatment, and he left with a group of people who promised to get him some help. The group he left with is described as a Caucasian male and two Caucasian females driving a white Chevrolet Z71 or Silverado pickup truck. Anyone with information should contact the Smith County Sheriff. Wells, Brandi
- Last seen 8/3/06. Was leaving the Graham Central Station nightclub in Longview at around 12:30 a.m. Her damaged car was found on Interstate 20 near the Brownsboro exit with her personal belongings inside. She was wearing rust-colored gaucho pants and a floral tube top, and is 4’11, 130 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was 23 in 2006, she would be 36 now. She was featured on Investigation Discovery’s “Disappeared.” Anyone with information should contact the Henderson County Sheriff. Witt, Jana Mann
- last seen 8/17/05. Missing from Glen Rose in Somervell County, Ms. Witt displayed personality changes several weeks prior to her disappearance. She has also gone by the names Jana Holstin, Jana Howard and Jana Branch. She was 44 years of age at the time of her disappearance, and 5’3”, 160 pounds with blue eyes and dyed red hair. The missing persons database notes that foul play is possible. Anyone with information should contact the Somervell County Sheriff.
Sources: News reports, Charley Project, Missing Eight East Texas and more https://www.news-journal.com/news/local/police-searching-for-husband-of-missing-wc-woman/article_7c5144ee-8434-5e12-9829-360d060c510a.html https://www.ketk.com/news/vanished-hartford-hunter-dunn/ https://www.panolawatchman.com/news/still-no-answers-in-lauren-thompson-case-a-year-after-she-went-missing-from-panola/article_07d707bc-4d15-11ea-8c84-af4fb2d30b79.html
Moved from Dallas to Chicago. Kinda sad I’m no longer near WinStar and Choctaw anymore but the nearest casino to me is Horseshoe Hammond in Indiana, never heard anybody speak about them. Anybody ever been there? Can you share your experience? submitted by
I live in Dallas and for my 18th birthday, the plan was to count cards in Oklahoma at Choctaw, until I learned that they have that 50¢ ante essentially ruining any chance at advantage play. The nearest non-oklahoman casino near me is in Shreveport. Anyone on here played at Margaritaville? Is it worth the drive? submitted by
Howdy! I’ve somehow just come across this sub even though I have dipped for years, though fairly new to reddit. I figured I would let on to some cheap dip if you’re close to my area. submitted by
I’m from Dallas, but if you ever have someone traveling up near Choctaw Casino on the border of Oklahoma and Texas they sell what we consider around here “cheap” tobacco.
Some of you may be aware of this location, but the gas station has a large tobacco section with plenty of treats. My favorite is the 12 ounce tubs of Stokers that go for about $17 a pop. For those that aren’t the best with math that’s $1.70 a can. I prefer Copenhagen, but it’s too expensive ($4-$6) to be dipping a can a day so I sub most of my daily dip with the cheap tubs and then some Copenhagen when I need the good stuff. Hope it helps some of you.
If you’re from Dallas and know where I could get the cheapest Copenhagen I would love to know!
I got back from the Winstar Memorial Day Mini River series late Monday night and wanted to give you guys a trip report. submitted by
I've had some great live results over the past few months with the highlights being excellent cash sessions, two second place finishes in a row at CPPT Choctaw, and another instance of run good which occurred at Winstar.
Friday, May 15 - Leave San Antonio around 4 PM. Check in at Comfort Suites Gainesville. I get a three bedroom suite to myself because my buddies couldn't make it. I booked it through HotWire for $100/night which is a decent deal around that area. Hotels around Winstar jack the up the prices due to their proximity to the "Biggest Casino in the World".
I make a quick trip to the nearby Wal-Mart to buy some healthy snacks (Fuji Apples and a small veggie tray) then I head to the casino, meet up with my buddy, AJ Yowler, and we both grinded some 1/2 and 1/3. I lost a little (~$50) after a card dead session and decided to call it a night.
Saturday, May 16 - I wake up at around 1045, meditate a bit, and eat some carrots, broccoli, snap peas, and celery from my veggie tray, then head to the casino at around 1120 to register for the Memorial Day Mini River Event #1 Deepstack ($500). Get registered for the tourney at 1145 and lo and behold, my boy AJ is at the same starting table (good thing he's to my right). It was a pretty sweet table draw as I was only worried about AJ and a seemingly solid young grinder named Austin. However, I was super card dead.
A couple levels into the tourney I overplayed AJo on an A high board. I open raised 3x pre, bet half pot on Axx flop, villain (Austin) in position calls, I fired a second bullet villain calls again, and I check river and of course he throws out a 1/3 pot sized bet at the time. I tank a bit, but end up calling and he tables AQo. How could I have played that hand better? Should I have checked the turn?
After more levels of run bad and with about 10 BB remaining, I 3 bet shove AKo against an OMC with a surprisingly wide opening range. He instacalls and has KK. Good game.
I grind some 1/3 cash for the rest of the night and profit around $100 or so. It would have been around $600 in profit if villains didn't hit two outers, but all is good. During that session, I won a decently sized pot when I 4 bet shipped $240 with AA pre against KK. After I won that hand, I had about $380 which was clearly wrong as 240 x 2 = 480. I didn't really notice until a hand or two afterward. At that point I think to myself, "Damn, is it too late?" About 15 minutes into the next dealers down I have him call the floor over and I discuss what happened and provided him with a time frame on when the hand occurred so they could analyze the video. After about 30 minutes, the floor calls villain and v proceeds to the ATM. Shortly after, he pulls me aside and tells me, "We looked at the video, and yes, the dealer did short you $100. Fortunately the gentleman that was in the hand with you agreed to pay you." He said the $100 he was giving me would be in play and that next time I need to speak up right away. I hooked him up with a red bird for his troubles. Props to the Winstar floor for making the right decision, even if I did take too damn long to say something.
Sunday, May 17th - I wake up at around 1045 refreshed and ready to play in Event 2 ($300). I eat some veggies in my room and scarf down an apple on my drive to the casino. AJ is at my table again! Geez. Justin Kruger came to the table but he was super card dead so I didn't have to worry too much. Krissi McFarland was also there but she busted after about 10 hands. I ran so pure at that table. I was hitting every single board that I played and got all kinds of straights, flushes, sets, boats. I felt unstoppable! After the table breaks, I move to a new table full of OMCs and a Dallas PD officer to my left who turned out to be a pretty cool dude. I took down a couple pots there and they broke us after 45 minutes or so. I was used to being a huge stack at my other tables, so when I saw other big stacks at my third table, I initially worried, but told myself, "It's all good. Just feel these guys out". I picked my spots well and next thing I know, we're at dinner break with ~24 players left. 13 will cash with $9K up top.
At the beginning of the dinner break Joe Bui gave me some intel on some other players at the table. It was definitely valuable as all of his reads were true. For example, a drunk reg to my left was the supreme chip leader at the time. Joe said he would donk it all away. Lo and behold, the villain most definitely spewed it all away. I truly appreciated his advice. I got a DQ mini blizzard for dinner because I wasn't too hungry at the time. After the break, I came back motivated and ready to continue my deep run. I steal a few pots pre and double up a few times as well and eventually we are at the 10 handed final table.
I'm in the worst position as the chip-leading OMC is to my left. After the 10th place player busted. We observed how shallow our stacks were and started discussing a chop. the chop value at the time was around $3000, which was just about the equivalent of 3rd place money. It went something like 9.8K to first, 6.9K to second and 3.XK to third (Those might not be exact, but I'm sure I'm close). Everyone was down for some choppage except the chip leading OMC. Even after two more eliminations he STILL didn't want to chop for around $4K.
A couple more eliminations occur and we became five handed. It's me, OMC McNoChoppy, Joe, OMC who opens 8x pre with Kx and Ax/and loves to 3 bet shove even in 50 BB deep, and a solid grinder named Jay. At the 5000/10000 leve with about 240K in chips I look down at AQo on the button. I open for 25K and OMC Mc8xPre 3 bet shoves for about $200K. I instacall and he has KJ. Flop bricks, Turn bricks, and he spikes a K to become the new chip leader. Variance FTW. I actually get my 40K up to around 120K by winning some pots pre flop and winning an AIPF pot against Joe when my KQ beat his KT.
A few hands later I'm sitting at 128K, I'm on the button, and look down at AJo I raise to 20K. Joe 3 bet shoves all in for 123K. I tank for about 30 seconds and call. He has AKo. I don't improve and now I'm down to 5K in chips. Sorry folks, this sadly is not a "chip and a chair story". I get knocked out next hand and finish 5th place for $2442. I believe I played very well in that tournament and AJ vs AK five handed is a huge cooler. On another note, OMC McNoChop ended up getting 3rd place, lol.
In true degen fashion, I decide to play some 1/2 right after my 12 hour tournament session. It ended up being pretty awesome as I turned $200 into $865. What a great day results-wise. I barely missed a table share of the BBJ during that session. Villain McRunBad opens for $17. Cally McStation calls. Solid Cajun Grinder dude 3 bets to $45. V McRunBad folds and Cally calls. Board is AAJ. Turn is a brick and river is a J. Cally and Cajun both get their stacks in and Cajun has quad aces. V McRunBad says, "I had JJ!" and the whole table moaned in frustration. V McRunBad would have pocketed $25K, Cajun would have got $12.5K and the table shared would have been around $1.8K. So close, but yet so far. I leave the casino at around 4 AM to get some rest before the 11 AM checkout.
Monday, May 19th. - I pack my things, check out of the hotel and decide to play one last cash session. 1/2 and 1/3 were full, but I was on an emotional high and took a shot at 2/5. Good thing the table was just starting. I hate buying in for $500 when there are massive stacks at the table. I ended up cashing out about $823. After that, I hit I35 South and headed back to San Antonio with my head held high, knowing that I played some damn good poker this past weekend.
I can't wait for WPT in July!
I am a poker nut... I read, watch, and/or play poker on a daily basis. I still maintain a full time job, so I haven't gone pro yet. I consider myself an excellent player, but I can always use advice or criticism. submitted by
I am looking for a friend or friends in the DFW area to hit Choctaw or Winstar with on a semi regular basis. Most weekends I hit freerolls around Dallas to practice and polish, but when I have some extra cash I drive out to the casinos or hit a local game.
I usually go alone, and I don't really have any friends that enjoy poker (at least not as much as I do). I'd like to have a friend that likes to talk about hands or strategy together so we can help each other improve.
Male or female is fine. I don't really care about any of your lifestyle choices as long as I can trust you not to stab me. I'm friendly and easy to get along with, and am a family man with a good career in IT.
Choctaw Casino Resort, Durant: Address, Phone Number, Choctaw Casino Resort Reviews: 3.5/5 Ignite the Night this New Year’s Eve at Choctaw Casino & Resort – Durant. News. Celebrate the Holiday Season with Drive-Thru Santa at the Choctaw Event Center. View all news. Locations. Locations. Casinos & Resorts. Casinos. About Us. The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma is a thriving nation of nearly 200,000 people. We celebrate a vibrant heritage of resilience and spirit, and today, we have no ... 100% Guaranteed Tickets For All Upcoming Events at Choctaw Casino Available at the Lowest Price on SeatGeek - Let’s Go! Choctaw Casino & Resort Projects Guerrilla Ad onto ‘Leaning Tower of Dallas’ Posted on: February 28, 2020, 08:59h. Last updated on: February 28, 2020, 10:01h. First of all, I would like to say that I and my friends have been to Choctaw Casino many times, and it is one of the best casinos I have ever seen ! It isn't too small--- it isn't too big --- it is j... Read all 867 reviews. Full view. Location. Contact . 4216 S. Hwy 69/75, Durant, OK 74701-1955. Website +1 580-920-0160. Email. Best nearby. 78 Restaurants within 5 miles. 11 Other Attractions ... Choctaw Casino Resort 3735 Choctaw Road Durant, OK 74701. Phone: (580) 980-0160. Visit Website Get Directions ... American Airlines Center: 90.5 Dallas Love Field Airport: 92.2. We're a casino and hotel complex located in Durant, Oklahoma. Our complex has 218,844 square feet of gaming floor, over 4,500 slot machines, a total of 431 hotel rooms, and is owned and operated by the Choctaw Nation ...
Compilation video from some of my play during my final trip to Choctaw Casino - Durant, OK, before moving to Las Vegas.Thank you for watching! Don't forget ... Choctaw Casino Halloween VFTV DALLAS 55.3. Loading... Unsubscribe from VFTV DALLAS 55.3? ... VFTV DALLAS 55.3 Recommended for you. 12:42. OU Highlights vs Baylor (11/16/2019) - Duration: 20:09. Mr ... Our road trip to North Texas and Oklahoma. 00:25 Deep Ellum Brewing Company 01:26 Pioneer Plaza 02:42 Dallas Cattle Drive Sculptures 05:27 Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza 07:40 The Toy and ... Choctaw Casino Resort Durant Oklahoma ROOM TOUR - Room # 7116 Grand Tower Travel Guru TV = The Travel Channel Travel videos from all over the world. Have fun... Choctaw Casino Resort Durant Oklahoma ROOM TOUR - Duration: 3:11. Travel Guru TV 4,884 ... 2:38. Shreveport, Louisiana - Downtown Casino Section - Duration: 3:44. brimi925 Recommended for you. 3 ... Feeling luWhether you live locally or visiting from around the globe, you can now experience the world at Winstar World Casino, or prepare to say Wow at Choc... video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload Brad's Music Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/KINGZinkFILMZ ZOBIE WEBSITE: https://shopzobie.com/ ZOBIE INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/zobieproduct... Slot Lover Dallas 2,630 views. 17:13. VGT Slots Lucky Ducky $6 Max Several Red Spin Wins Bingo Patterns Choctaw Casino, Durant, OK. - Duration: 11:54. JB Elah Slot Channel 38,756 views. 11:54. VGT ...